Mind the Gap by Tashkeel is still open for submissions!
What is it?
It is organized by Tashkeel, Dubai. In Mind the Gap Tashkeel asks artists, chefs, dancers, performers, scientists, engineers, technologists and writers, to re-invent chance, providence and random encounters that have bridged gaps and unveiled opportunities.
There will be an exhibition of these submissions at Tashkeel. This exhibition will aim to curate an event that brings people together, shares happiness, and distributes knowledge, while documenting research.
By when can I submit my work?
Application forms and images must be submitted not later than 12 midnight on Saturday 28 January 2017.
· Shortlisted artists will be informed by email by 6pm on Saturday 4 February 2017
· Selected artworks must be delivered ready to hang to Tashkeel no later than 12 noon on Saturday 25 February 2017.
Who can send in their artwork?
The call is open to all artists, designers, culturists, chefs, dancers, performers, scientists, engineers, technologists and writers living in the United Arab Emirates to create an original work in any medium in response to the given theme or to submit a work that is aligned to the theme but that has not been previously exhibited.
How many submissions can I make?
· Applicants can submit only one artwork, a series is considered as one work. For 3D works, please include two images of the final work. If you are submitting video, please send a link to the video work. If you are submitting a series of photographs/Polaroids, please ensure you label them in the correct sequence.
Who will be shortlisting the artists?
· Selection will be by a panel, including the Tashkeel Director, Lateefa bint Maktoum, and the visiting curator for this exhibition, Jack Thomas Taylor.
· Previously exhibited artworks will not be accepted.
· Tashkeel reserves the right not to exhibit any work that differs substantially from the initial application or is deemed unsuitable for exhibition.
Submissions should include:
· A completed application form together with images of proposed work emailed to email@example.com (Subject: Mind the Gap, followed by the name of artist)
· All images sent by email should be high resolution JPEG or Tiff formats.
· For 3D works, please include 2 or more images together with technical information for installation, if required.
· For video submissions – please send a link to the work. If shortlisted, final video works should be
at least 720 x 576 PAL or 720 x 480 NTSC and audio works (wav or aiff), should be submitted on a
DVD/CD and hand delivered to Tashkeel, Nad Al Sheba.